'Ello there! Today's post is going to be all about skin care products that I'm currently using. I change up the products every so often, but for the moment I'm happy with what I'm using!
My skin can get quite oily throughout the day, especially around the chin and nose. I would say that I'm fairly prone to spots and blemishes and I tend to get them mostly around my chin and nose area. My skin is pretty hardy, as in that it takes a lot for my skin to have a bad reaction to something. Another thing I should probably mention is that I prefer using natural/simplistic products on my skin. I just find my skin seems to prefer more natural products over complicated, chemical products.
The Morning Routine
Removing My Make Up
- Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel. I'm starting to really like Simple as a skin care brand. This cleanser does exactly what it says on the tin! It cleans your face and that's it! Just lather it up and rinse off!
- After I dry my face, I use Ultrapure Laboratories Witch Hazel & Rosewater as a toner. I wipe some of this all over my face and I find it very refreshing and it also helps keep spots at bay!
- To moisturise, I use Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser. This stuff does the job nicely and it doesn't leave any residue after it soaks in!
- For the most part, I've been using Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to take off my make up. To say the least, I'm pretty astounded by this product! For something that is the consistency of water, it gets everything off! Foundation, mascara, you name it and it can take it! And the best thing about it is, that it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry in the slightest!
- I've also just been finishing up my LUSH 9 to 5 Cleansing Lotion recently and I thought it deserved a mention! Again, this stuff it super effective at getting your make up off and it doesn't dry my skin out either.
- This one might sound weird, but surprisingly, Vaseline can be really good at getting off eye make up! (life hack!!) I generally use this after using my other make up remover to make sure every last bit of stubborn eye liner and mascara is off. I don't use this all the time, just for a deep clean every now and then!
The Night Routine/ Spot Treatments
In terms of cleansing, moisturising, etc. my night routine is the exact same as my morning routine. However, at the night time I use spot treatment products that I leave on my face overnight (I don't use these products every night, just on the nights where I have a few pesky spots).
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg Spice Spot Remover. My lovely cousin actually made this after seeing Elle Fowler's DIY video, and I have to say, this works! I put this directly onto my spots and I leave it there overnight, and in the morning, the size and colour of the spot has reduced and is well on the way to healing! So, thanks Maria!
- Then I put Sudocrem on top of the Cinnamon & Nutmeg Spot Remover and also helps reduce the size and redness.
Roughly about once a week, I like to treat my skin by throwing on a face mask and scrubbing away that dead skin!
- I exfoliate my skin using Ocean Salt from LUSH. I really like this exfoliator because it gets rid of dead skin but it also leaves my skin moisturised because it has avocado in there too!
- My face mask that I have been using of late, is the Boots Botanic Ionic Clay Mask. It's my first clay mask that I have used and so far so good! However, I will say one thing, it's messy. I mean gloriously messy! So I would recommend you to wash this off in the shower, because taps, sinks and mirrors will get the facial treatment too!!
- I also still do a facial (mentioned in this post) every so often, however not as religiously as before, since my acne flare-up as resided.
So there it is, my skin care routine! Let me know what you think in the comments below!