I'm sure most people have a stache of things that only come out in winter, be they clothes, blankets, nail polish, hot water bottles, the list is really endless once you start to think about it! As I was doing the yearly chore of sadly putting away the summery clothes and shoes, I came to think about my own aforementioned stache of winter-y things, that make the cold months ahead bearable (yes, constant chapped lips does dim the magical spirit of Christmas!).
Anyway, I picked out the necessities from this stache and here it is, My Winter Essentials (excluding the obvious unsightly woolen socks!)!
- The Fluffy Jumper Again, purely thinking of how warm and cosy these are! However, these can look hella chic if they are worn right. Treggings (trouser look leggings, according to Google) are great with these, but I also think that pencil skirts can look fab with these too.Mine is from Penneys, but they went slightly out of shade even after a few washes.
- Candles Scented preferably! I find that candles just add a hint of ambience to a room and for winter, companies such as Yankee Candles bring out the most festive inspiring scent! I mostly light candles during the winter months because, during the summer, every single candle smells of flowers and sweets, and I'm not gone on having a room stench of flowers! These ones from Yankee Candle are festive smelling without being exclusively Christmas.
- Hand Cream I don't know about anyone else, but my hand dry up to a crisp during the cold season and my holy-grail hand cream is LUSH's Tiny Hands. Its a solid hand serum which soaks in within seconds and leaves my hand feeling unbelievably soft! Apart from that, this stuff lasts for donkey's years! And I still have plenty to see me through for the next few winters!
- The Lip Balm As well as my hands, my lips positively shrivel during winter (mmm.. imagery!) And I found that nothing can save apart from a decent slap of shea butter. The lip balm shown is The Body Shop's Shea Lip Butter, but literally anything with shea butter will sort them out in a flash (well, overnight, same thing!)
- The Berry Lipstick Maybe not totally essential, but winter calls for us make-up scavengers to go wild and try out shades of lipsticks that may cause my mother to disapprovingly shake her head at!
- The Not- So-Girly Nail Polish I'm all for the baby blues and pastel pinks during spring and summer, but once winter rolls around, I go mad for the dark reds, the greys and generally all the colours you wouldn't call "pretty"! This one is from the No.7 Gel Look Shine range (which I raved about in the summer) and it's called Grey Mist and I can already tell this will be my go-to nail polish for winter.
- Baths I don't know why the cold weather means that I have to surround myself in warm water (with an odd bath bomb here and there) but it feels oh so good to do just that! Unfortunately, I don't own this one, but I will, definitely!
So those are all my winter essentials (admittedly, not all of them could be deemed "essential", but let's ignore the actual definition of essential!), let me know what your's are!