Hey guys! Today’s post is The Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks to Amy from Batwings & Lashes for kindly nominating me!
I hadn’t actually heard of this award until I was tagged last week but basically you have to list 7 facts about yourself and then nominate 15 other bloggers to do the same. You can find out more information here
1. I was a teddy-bear fanatic. Seriously. When we were younger, me and my cousin didn’t simply play with our bears, we had a whole storyline made out for them, which involved a war between the “goodies” and the “baddies”. Some bears were married, some were in prison and some were killed in the “war” (the ones who were “killed” were reincarnated later on, since we didn’t have an endless supply of bears to keep up with the demands of our hectic storyline!).
2. I’m a bit of a miser. I have a problem with not spending money. Bit of a strange one for someone who loves to collect make-up! I’m always on the hunt for a bargain (which makes shopping at any shop other than Penneys difficult!) and if you know me well enough, you would know that whenever I see something that’s (probably not) overpriced, I always exclaim “But I could buy x amount of Freddo bars with that!” Yes, I know, I should just get over myself!
3. I’m a bookworm. You would never know though! I only ever get books from the library and so I only have the odd gifted books lying around the house. This goes back to being a cheap-skate too. I mean, the cost of one book could probably keep my library membership going for 10 years, where I can read an unlimited number of books! When I was younger I could easily be reading 3 books at a time. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of time to spare for reading nowadays but I’m going to make a conscious effort to read more during the coming year.
4. I have a cat called Luch. Not a shortened variation of “Lucky”, but the Irish word for mouse! My mam thought it would be ironic to call a cat “mouse”. And it was, seeing as Luch brought home a mouse only the other day and left it’s entrails for us to clean up!
5. I wanted to be a singer/songwriter. When I was at the tender age of about 7, I thought I had the voice of an angel and was a lyrical genius. I wrote songs and recorded them on tapes and they are so so cringe-worthy that I can’t help but laugh at them!
6. I’m an organised mess. Being organised makes my head really happy and I like to be punctual to the second, but it’s all just wishful thinking. If you looked around my bedroom right now you would see many empty water bottles, packets of almonds and a haphazardly dressed bed with a pile of sheets waiting to be organised into folders (which I’m definitely going to get around to doing, tomorrow). Basically, I’m a walking, talking contradiction.
7. I want to study Nutrition, I think. At the moment, I’m thinking of studying Human Nutrition in college. However, I also want to be a teacher (of any kind, primary, secondary, Home Ec., English, History, etc.,etc.!) and the thought that this time next year I’ll have my CAO form filled out and sent off, really scares me. So, I’d rather not think about any of it and simply amble through life, just doing my thing!
The following is a list of the deserving bloggers I would like to nominate!